Save time and stay updated - Discord hack #1
See the hack I use to stay updated in each of the NFT projects I hold
I am going all-in on NFTs and spending all my hours building the NFT world. Each day in NFTs is like one month in real life. At least, that is how I feel it. We are building this world and setting the future of this NFT space.
However, the space might get overwhelming, and it requires your daily presence. Amazing projects are being launched every week. You feel you want to support each of them, and soon you realise it is taking you a few hours a day only to check the updates.
I have been doing everything to make my days as efficient as possible. At the same time, I do not want to miss any of the updates. Although we share our excitement with the NFT community, we are in a space where we are solely on our own. No one tells us what to do and how quickly to move on. It is easy to get lost. Discipline and efficiency is number 1 for me to stay on track and keep moving forward.
Today, I want to share with you how I keep track of each of the announcements. The primary tool I use is Discord. Anytime the team releases new updates, they release them in the Announcement folder of the project's Discord. However, I reached the point I am checking 30 projects a day, and it takes me so much time.
Fortunately, there is one hack, which saves me at least 1-2 hours a day. And I want to share it with you today.
Did you know you can create your Discord server for free and get all the announcements into one folder? Sounds magical, no? And it is so easy to do. No more talk, and let's jump in.
1) Open and login to your Discord
2) Assuming you already follow NFT projects you own. If not, please do, because it is the number 1 source of updates. Do it for each of the projects you hold. Accept the invites and get verified.
3) You are logged in and have your projects there, as you can see my Discord in the picture below.
4) Click on “Add server” on the left, as you can see in the picture below.
5) “Create my own” server => “For me and my friends” => your server name and “Create”.
6) You got your server. Now, let's get all the announcements into one place (finally, yeah🚀). On the left, click “Create channel.” I called it “announcements”, but it is all up to you. The idea is that all the announcements from different NFT project Discord's go to this channel.
7) Go to each of the projects in Discord and find the “announcements” folder. I chose my favourite project - House of Kibaa - to be an example as below. Open the “announcements” and click “Follow”.
8) Do the same process with all of the other Discord channels you follow.
9) And you are all set. It can take you 5+ minutes if you have more NFT projects you follow, but it saves you so much time for the long-term, and you will always be updated.
10) Here we go! Everything is in one folder!
* Note some of the Discord channels do not allow you to follow the "Announcements" folder. In that case, you still have to watch it manually. It is rare, though, and over 90% of the projects allow it, at least for me.
Wishing you all the best, NFT fam, and I hope it saves you time on the way. And as always, be disciplined, stay curious, never stop learning, and keep moving forward. WAGMI.🖤
For daily updates, follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it".